Great Big Parks
A big chunk of The Big 400 is the Waterloo Recreation Area & Pinckney Recreation Area.
Clocking in at 33,000+ acres, they offer more Michigan state park than you’ll find anywhere south of the Mackinac Bridge.
And a great big park means four seasons of great big fun, great big games, great big adventure and, whenever you need it, great big silence.
Activities and amenities at Waterloo and Pinckney Recreation areas include:
- Boat rental and boat launch
- Cross country skiing
- Disc golf
- Concessions / store
- Equestrian trails and camping
- Hiking Trails
- Metal detecting
- Cabins, Lodges, Yurts, and both modern and rustic campgrounds
- Picnic areas and shelters
- Mountain biking trails
- Wildlife and bird watching
- Educational programs
- Discovery Center